Why should you transfer your domains to Hostiger?
Look at all the cool features you get with Domain Trasnfer:
Domain Forwarding and Masking
Direct any domain name you own to your website — then, anyone who enters that domain name into a browser will be taken to your website.
Prevent accidental — or intentional — transfers of domain ownership, and anyone redirecting your nameservers.
Total DNS Control
Manage your domain nameserver (DNS) records and set your email, FTP, sub-domains and website location — all from a single control panel.
Change of Registration
Reassign your domain name (fee required) or change the contacts for your domain.
Monitor the status of your domain. We’ll instantly alert you if there’s been a change or we detect suspicious activity.
Complete the following steps with your current registrar for Domain Transfer:
- Unlock the domain name.
- Get an Authorization Code (also known as EPP code or transfer key)
- Verify administrator’s contact information is correct.
- This is important because emails regarding the transfer process will be sent to the administrator’s email address. (Except for .au domains, where all transfer information is sent to the registrant contact’s email.)
- Cancel Protected Registration or Private Registration if you have it.
Domain Transfer Frequently Asked Questions
- With your existing registrar, unlock the domain name you want to transfer.
- Request a permission from your current registrar (also known as an EPP code or transfer key). In other circumstances, such as when transferring a country-code domain, this isn’t essential (ccTLDs). If your account management doesn’t show the permission code, ask your existing registrar to email it to you.
- Check your domain name’s contact details. During the transfer procedure, your current registrar may use the administrator’s contact details.
With our bulk domain transfer tool, you may move up to 500 domains to Hostiger at once. You won’t be able to transfer a domain name to us if the extension you want isn’t listed.
- Go to your Hostiger Transfers page and log in.
- If the domain is being transferred to your account, select Transfers In. If the domain is being transferred out of your account, select Transfers Out.
- To see the details for domains in a specific status, select the various tabs. Alternatively, use the search bar to find your domain.
- Some statuses require action, which will be displayed next to the domain. Check out our guide to domain statuses for more information on how to proceed with your transfer.
You’ll see a message confirming that your modifications were accepted. Typically, domain transfers take 5 to 7 days to complete.
If you want to keep your domain active after it expires, you’ll have to pay an annual cost. The price is the current annual retail price of the domain at the time.
*Pricing excludes applicable taxes and ICANN fees. Discounted prices will reflect in the cart.
Hostiger is a leading provider of web-presence solutions to small businesses, professionals and individuals. We provide our clients a complete suite of products that help them establish & grow their online presence. Our product platform represents 10+ years of investment in technology R&D and powers over 6 million domains.
We also accept Indian Debit Cards & Net Banking